Diamond frankfurts for concrete processing
We find solutions for any problem.
Just tell us about it!
Frankfurt Linolit ® is a consumable diamond tool (milling cutter) for grinding and polishing machines and mosaic grinding machines. The milling cutter is designed to perform a full cycle of processing of concrete and stone foundations. With the help of a diamond frankfurt, an old coating can be removed, small and large defects can be eliminated.
The tool characteristics
Linolit ® grinding frankfurts are characterized by reliability and high efficiency. Productivity of the milling cutter depends on the degree of granularity of diamond segments and the binder rigidity. The concentration of diamonds in the segments affects the efficiency of operations. The use of diamond frankfurts for concrete processing depends on the degree of granularity:
- fine – for smoothness and polishing;
- medium – grinding of the base;
- coarse – grinding of concrete or stone.
Wear of diamond elements is caused by hardness of the processed surface. The higher the index, the faster the frankfurts wear out. In process of operation, at the same time, the binder that binds the diamond grains becomes unusable. The process contributes to the timely dropping out of blunted diamonds and opening of sharp ones. By changing the configuration of each diamond segment, it is easy to control the microrelief of the processed base.
Advantages of grinding frankfurts for concrete processing:
- wear resistance;
- resistance to temperature rise;
- high accuracy of polishing, removal of a certain layer thickness;
- small amount of dust;
- resistance to clogging of recesses on working elements;
- facilitates work and saves time
Principle of selection of diamond grinding frankfurts
The manufacturer of Linolit ® offers wide selection of tools, equipment and consumables. The selection of the type and size of a frankfurt is made according to the grain size of a segment and the type of binding. A prerequisite is that the binder wear and diamond grains wear indicators should be proportional.
When selecting diamond frankfurts, it is necessary to know the grade of the concrete base. On this basis, a binder of the needed rigidity of diamond frankfurts is selected. These two parameters determine the resource and performance of a diamond consumable tool.
Selection of consumables shall also depend on concrete grade.
- Ultra-soft – frankfurts with ultra-soft binder, designed for processing of concrete surfaces of grades M500 and above; also suitable for processing of surfaces of granite, marble, mosaic and terrazzo.
- Soft – frankfurts with soft binder, designed for processing of concrete surfaces of M300 – M600 grades.
- Medium – frankfurts with medium binder, designed for processing of concrete surfaces of M200 – M300 grades.
- Hard – frankfurts with rigid binder, designed for processing of concrete surfaces of grades M200 and below.
IMPORTANT! If a diamond frankfurt is chosen incorrectly relative to the hardness of concrete, then its consumption will be minimal. If the binder is chosen too rigid, it will wear out slower than diamonds, which will cause a decrease in productivity due to insufficient exposure of diamonds. And, on the contrary, if the binder is chosen too soft, then its wear will be too fast and unable to withstand the pressure, the binder will fall out of the diamond system without having worked out its resource. The binder should wear out in proportion to the wear of the diamond grains.
The tool is secured on the faceplate of the grinding and polishing machine by means of grooves. The type of attachment is “dovetail”. The effectiveness of diamond frankfurts is fully manifested in wet processing. The superiority of wet grinding over dry grinding is determined by improving working conditions, reducing labor intensity. Also, a softer coating treatment is performed.
A well-prepared concrete or stone surface is the key to a successful result.